Friday, June 29, 2012

Full Purpose of Heart

"It is only in the present moment that we can experience growth, listen and learn, give and receive love, excercise self mastery, chose to do good or choose to be good." 

"...saying things we vowed we would never say in tones we vowed we would never use."

"Make your commitment obvious and let your spouse and children know it~~bask in the security it will give them."

"..from children knowing they are our first priority, deeply and truly feel it...."

All these mean something deeply for me at this time.  Every day, every interaction with the ones I have chosen to commit my life, my energies, my devotions to.  Everyone should be chosen carefully and with full purpose of heart.  Because down the line it will matter infinitely more than I dare imagine in the midst of the situation at hand. 

The petrified Cocoa Pebbles in the bowl on the kitchen table six hours after breakfast.  The wet swimming suit and towel stuffed behind the bedroom door and emitting the aroma of mildew.  The dirty socks by the bed.  Laundry by the hamper........   The sound of my voice is most likely a grating broken record day after day. 

I recall when I was getting married in all my naivete and I could just see me being a loving, loveable, adorable, cheerful, slightly higher than perfect, wife.  A doting, always patient, nurturing, always tutoring/mentoring/encouraging my children.  They would be brilliant and adorable and charming.  My husband would be the envy of all his friends.......

I guess it's a good thing we can't see our future imperfections and shortcomings!!  I don't think my young mind could have wrapped itself around so many disasters!  Mercy... It's a good thing we wake up daily to a fresh unknown adventure.  We handle the people, the timing and the emotions with the best wisdom we have at that moment.  At bedtime we look back on the day and flogged ourselves for what we wish we would have done better or at least differently.  We make determined affirmations to do a little better, be a little better tomorrow.  And every day is a new start.  A new education on us.  And I've had a good share of do-overs that I only hope have been do-a-little-betters.  If not for my sake~for the sake of those souls who have had to put up with me for all these 'overs'. 

"Never forget that these are the people whose names are now written into your Divine Contract.

"....the Wonder of the individual and specific lives that are your daily stewardship."

Tomorrow is another day.  Tomorrow I try with more purpose.  I should start with an intense prayer, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment